What’s happening at Beth Shalom for Tu B’Shvat? Enough to make a few trees happy, we think.
Leading up to the holiday:
- The ECC kids will be studying about the holiday and making centerpieces for our Shabbat Tu B’Shvat. (Closed – ECC students only)
Saturday, February 11th
- The 7th grade Mitzvot class will have a special session dedicated to Tu Bishvat and agricultural mitzvot. (Closed – 7th grade Mitzvot class only)
- D’var Torah during Shabbat morning services will be given by Deirdre Gabbay, focusing on the environmental connections of Tu B’Shvat. (Open – all are welcome)
- Kiddush Lunch including Tu B’Shvat Seder fruits, blessings, and discussion questions on every table. (Open – all are welcome)
- Shabbat afternoon learning, 1:15pm in the Beit Midrash – Connections to Tu B’Shevat (details to come). (Open – all are welcome)
Sunday, February 13th, 2017
- Rochelle Wynne will lead religious school students in a special Tu Bishvat planting. (Closed – Religious School students only)
- All religious school students will take a field trip to Jewish Family Services to see how the food they grow in the garden is used. (Closed – Religious School students only)
- Annual afternoon tree planting organized by Manny Jacobowitz. (Open – all are welcome to join)
2:00pm – meet in Magnuson Park, Lot E4 between the swim beach and Kite Hill (enter the park at NE 65th Street and go left at the fork in the road). Bring gloves and spades if you have them, though we will also have a supply. Please RSVP to Manny so he knows what supplies to bring.
- Young Adult Eco Tu B’Shevat Seder, location to be announced. (Open to all young adults in the Greater Seattle Jewish community) Contact Rachel Wachtel for more information.