All 2nd and 3rd graders are invited to join Rachel, Mor, and Abaye at the Burke Museum (4300 15th Ave NE) for some special winter themed activities including:
- Let it snow! Make a paper snowflakes to take home or decorate our winter scene.
- Use our winter-themed activity sheet to learn about how local animals survive the cold winter months.
- Create an Ice Age holiday card for a loved one.
- Ice Age themed play table with mammoths, mastodons, sloths, and tigers
- Get up close to winter collections and speak with Burke researchers at Collections Open Door programs on weekends
- Experience the frigid waters of the arctic and see how arctic animals have adapted to handle these extreme conditions with a blubber glove experiment.
2nd and 3rd graders will join with Amit, our shinshinit, to participate in a special Israel themed treasure hunt. Of course this program wouldn’t be complete without a delicious lunch!