Many organizations are making Jewish teachings and events available online during this time. If you have events to add to this page, please contact Melani Baker. For a calendar with more livestreaming Jewish events, click here to visit Jewish Live. Please note what time zone (Pacific Time, Eastern Time) events are listed in.
Thursday, February 11, 12:00-1:00pm PT. Finding our Voices: Purim Edition. Join Rabbi Samuel Klein (Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle), Beth Huppin (Jewish Family Service), and Chava Mirel. In our learning together, we will explore Jewish teachings about how, especially at this time, when the world’s traumas can destroy happiness—and lead to deep sorrow, confusion, and fear, the response from the tradition is precisely to laugh and celebrate together. Register here.
Thursday, February 11, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm PT. Outside of the Frame: Enslaved Persons in New Testament Ethics. Bernadette Brooten (Brandeis University) will join the Stroum Center for Jewish Studies to give a virtual talk on the ways early Christian authors sought theologically to form gender and other relationships. Register here.
Niggun & Nourishment. Featuring Rabbis Josh Warshawsky, Adam Kligfeld, Ariel Root Wolpe, Barry Dov Katz, Annie Lewis, Yosef Goldman, and Rabbi Cantor Hillary Chorny. Join us as members of the Rabbinical Assembly share niggunim (wordless melodies), calming meditations and uplifting Torah on various themes. All are invited. There will be accessible Torah and easy-to-learn melodies.
- Register Now: Joy on Wednesday, February 17 from 2:00-3:30 PM ET
- Register Now: Praise on Wednesday, March 31 from 2:00-3:30 PM ET
- Register Now: Strength on Tuesday, May 4 from 2:00-3:30 PM ET
Beit Hatfutsot Live. Sunday, February 21 at 11:00am PT. Please join Minyan Ohr Chadash for a LIVE tour of new Beit Hatfutsot Core Exhibition completed in January 2021. The museum renewal process culminated in a 66,000 sq. ft. permanent exhibit offering an authentic and inspiring experience for every visitor—even those half a world away. RSVP to Adrienne Query-Fiss at email@example.com by Thursday, February 18th 2021.
“Guardians of Memory” Movie Screening and Talk Back, February 22 at 8:00 PM ET. Join the Jewish Council for Public Affairs for a screening of “Guardian of Memory,” documentary following Carlos Spector, a Jewish immigration lawyer living on the US-Mexico border, as he fights to obtain political asylum for Mexicans fleeing from violence. Register here.
On Virtual SJCC, you’ll find ways to interact with friends near and far. Take a fitness class, learn a new craft, meet with friends for community conversations, and more. This area features resources both from our J and JCCs and organizations around the country.
SJCC On Demand! Watch streaming talks and shows of the J’s best and brightest celebrity guests for FREE at the click of a button. Stay engaged, inspired, and connected — from the comfort of your couch.
The Institute For Jewish Spirituality is offering weekly Torah study, daily meditation, and an online Jewish yoga studio – all free of charge.
Jewish National Fund USA is creating engaging and meaningful experiences for you to connect you with the land and people of Israel, even during this time of social distancing. Check out their live and recorded programs.
Beit T’shuva in Los Angeles is offering virtual programming, including:
- Rabbi Joseph’s Torah Study: life in uncertain times. Mondays, 12:00-1:00pm PT.
- #notmycorona: recovery-minded spiritual learning. Wednesdays, 1:00pm PT.
- Virtual Kaddish Calls. Thursdays, 9:00am PT.
- To Life: speaker/sharing AA meeting. Thursdays, 7:00pm PT.
- Intro to Spirituality. Saturdays, 9:30am PT.
- Saturday Morning Services. Saturdays, 10:30am PT.
Hadar (times are in ET)
- Parashah Club with Rabbi Aviva and Boaz Richman, for ages 6-10. Mondays and Wednesdays, 5:00-5:30 PM EST; Starting October 12. Explore each week’s parashah through leyning, mixed media story-telling, and discussion. Become familiar with the content and sound of the parashah each week and psyched about Torah as a lens to engage real life questions! Register here with Hadar
- Mishnah Club will Rabbi Ethan Tucker and Yoav Tucker, for ages 7-11. Tuesdays and Thursdays; 5:00-5:30 PM EST, Starting October 13. Join Hadar’s Rabbi Ethan Tucker and Yoav Tucker as they explore Massekhet Shevuot–a part of the Mishnah that deals with promises, lying, and setting expectations for ourselves. There will be polls, breakout rooms, lessons in עברית and other fun interactive pieces. Register here with Hadar