Contact us for the livestreaming link.
You can set up your computer or device in advance so that the link will continue streaming continuously, and you will not have to press any buttons on Shabbat. You will want to make sure that your device is plugged in to a power source. To make sure that your device will not shut itself down or go into sleep mode, follow the directions below to disable sleep mode:
To disable automatic Sleep:
- Right-click on Start icon, click on “Power Options” which brings up the window “Power & sleep”
- Set both items “Screen” and “Sleep” to “Never”
For Apple Computers:
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click “Energy Saver”
- Do either of the following:
- Set the amount of time your computer or display should wait before going to sleep: Drag the “Computer sleep” and “Display sleep” sliders, or the “Turn display off after” slider to “never”
- Keep your Mac from going to sleep automatically: Select “Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off”
Choose Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock and select “never”
Contact us for the livestreaming link and press play. Leave this window open on your computer.
To differentiate between Shabbat (or Yom Tov) and weekday use of your device, we have prepared a keyboard cover that you can print and use as a reminder not to manipulate your device.