In the case of a death in the family, please first contact the Seattle Jewish Chapel at (206) 721-0970. They will help with arrangements for your loved one. The next step is to immediately contact Rabbi Borodin or Rabbi Rose. Our rabbis will help you in the process that follows. Please call the CBS office, (206) 524-0075 for instructions on how to reach our rabbis in an emergency.
Beit Shalom Cemetery
3601 Alaska Road; Brier, Washington
Located in Brier, Washington, just north of the Snohomish County line, Beit Shalom Cemetery is on a pleasant lot surrounded by trees. It is part of the Abbey View Cemetery and is run by Evergreen Washelli. Funeral and burial arrangements are handled by the Seattle Jewish Chapel. Evergreen Washelli, Beth Shalom staff and volunteers, and the Jewish Chapel work closely together to make the experience as smooth as possible for family members and other mourners.
Available from Beth Shalom:
- Plot for Flush Monument
- Plot for Upright Monument
- Use of synagogue for service
- Rabbinic services
- Comprehensive Mourner’s Guide
Purchasing cemetery space during life-rather than waiting for an emergency-is a gift to yourself and your family.
It also shows your commitment to a meaningful communal resource.
Contact Debra Jeffs-Grad to inquire about purchasing a plot at the Beit Shalom cemetery.
Directions to Cemetery
Located at Abbey View Cemetery (3601 Alaska Road, Brier)
- Going north on I-5, take exit 177 onto Ballinger Road (toward Lake Forrest Park).
- Stay on Ballinger for about 1.75 miles and take a sharp left onto 40th Place NE.
- Stay on 40th for about 1 mile and take a sharp right onto 197th St NE.
- Go about 300 yards and turn left on NE 203rd Place.
- Take 2nd right onto 45th Ave NE. Follow curve as the road turns into 205th NE.
- Turn right onto 42nd Ave NE-Alaska Road to cemetery.
- Alaska Road winds to the left for a few blocks. The Cemetery will be the first one on your left. It has a low chain link fence in front.
Via Bothell Way – an easier
- Take Lake City-Bothell way to 61st Ave NE (about 0.8 miles past Lake Forrest Park Shopping center).
- Turn left at 61st Ave NE (at stop light).
- Go about 0.7 of a mile and turn left onto NE 193rd St.
- Bear right at fork to 55th Ave NE (which becomes Brier Road).
- Follow the curves for about 0.9 of a mile and turn left at Alaska Road to Cemetery. Alaska Road winds up the hill. The Cemetery will be the last one on your right. It has a low chain link fence in front.