Virtual Food and Friends — Registration 2020-2021
Join Food and Friends to connect with a small group of Beth Shalom members during five monthly virtual meetings on Sundays. Share a virtual meal along with studying a curriculum prepared by Rabbi Rose.
How it works:
- You’ll let us know if you’re interested by signing up on the form below by October 9.
- We’ll match you with others to form a group that meets five times during the year.
- We will provide the curriculum for you to study in your groups.
- We will aim to create groups with roughly 6 households/group.
- This cycle’s dates: November 1, 2020, December 6, 2020, January 10, 2021, February 21, 2021, March 14, 2021
This year’s curriculum: Current Concerns through a Jewish Lens
In this tumultuous time, there are countless burning issues that many of us are already thinking about: isolation and loneliness, the future of our planet, racial justice, caring for each other, democracy, and more. Together, we will use Jewish texts to explore and discuss these concerns, gleaning wisdom and insight from our tradition and from each other.
Contact Melani Baker with any questions.