We’re making history!
Announcing a year-long celebration of
Congregation Beth Shalom’s past, present, and future!
In February of 2018, CBS will turn 50. Starting this summer and throughout the coming year, members are invited to be part of this special occasion by participating in a wide variety of events. The programming will feature a Gala Celebration on February 24, 2018 and a Culminating Event on May 6, 2018.
We hope that members of the congregation view this year as
a chance to deepen their connection to our wonderful community.
~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~
This year marks the 50th anniversary of Congregation Beth Shalom. Our founding families first conceived the idea of a conservative synagogue in northeast Seattle in November 1967, and by February 1968 it was official. Fifty years is…a big deal! Hundreds of Shabbat kiddushes, religious school alumni, adult education classes, shiva minyanim, bnei mitzvah and weddings later, we have grown into a vibrant, engaged and committed community. Beth Shalom’s members have shared countless moments of joy and shed tears together.
To honor our holy community, we are marking the year with a series of celebrations! Two highlights to mark on your calendars now:
- Night of 50 Shabbat Dinners on Friday, December 1, 2017.
- Hanukkah Party, December 13, 2017, Sing-a-long to tunes from 50 years ago
- 50th Gala and Wine Tasting Party on Saturday, February 24, 2018. More information & registration here.
- 50th Anniversary Memory and Tribute Book. Click here for more information and to purchase tributes.
- Culminating Event, May 6, 2018
We will also be hosting “Pleasure of Your Company” get-togethers all year long. These are creative, community-building events such as dinners, outdoor activities, wine tastings, lectures, etc.—all organized and hosted by CBS members. Part of this year’s programming will be 50 new “Pleasure of Your Company” events that will be scattered throughout the year and generously hosted by members of our community. In addition, we’ll be offering 50 Learning Opportunities, inviting you to do 50 Acts of Chesed, and aiming for 50 Bequests through our Life and Legacy program.
~ ~ ~
|Events for January||Events for February|
Girls’ Night In (for women)
with Jen Cohen
Sing Out With Joy
with Lynn Katz
Dance Party with DJRemixZ
at the home of Perry and Michelle WeinbergFebruary 24:
50th Anniversary Gala and Wine Tasting
Click the link above for more information and to register!
Click on the event title for more information about time, location, and availability; and to register online!
You can find a complete list of Pleasure of Your Company events here.
~ ~ ~
If you’d like to get involved with the celebrations but aren’t sure where to start, here are some ways you can help:
- Volunteer to host a Shabbat dinner or “Pleasure of Your Company” event—or attend one to meet more of your fellow congregants.
- Participate in an Act of Chesed.
- Take advantage of new classes being offered.
- Share your memories of Beth Shalom or your hopes for the future.
- Contribute a photo to the gala slideshow by uploading it to our Facebook Group Album (you must be a member of the group to contribute, but it’s easy to join!)
Questions, concerns, comments, or looking to host an event? Please use this Contact Form to get in touch with the planning committee!
~ ~ ~
This campaign is a huge undertaking. Donations are greatly appreciated.